We’ve had a few Support Tickets from people asking about the message that you get when you try to access certain modules in the free version of SpendMap, stating “To use this feature, you need to enable the feature (or the entire module) in the Setup System area“.
Sometimes people misinterpret this message to mean that the feature or function is not available in our Free Version, when in fact it is and just needs to be turned on and/or configured.
All of the modules are enabled by default in the Evaluation Copy of SpendMap but in your Live Copy, some modules are disabled by default to improve system performance. You can enable some of the modules during the Setup Wizard that runs automatically when you log into your Live (production) System for the first time, otherwise you can visit the Setup System menu group to enable them after-the-fact…
- Main Purchasing Module (Purchase Orders) – Enabled automatically when you run the Setup Wizard.
- Requisitions and Approvals – Does not need to be enabled (always turned on). Just start entering requisitions when you’re ready.
- Receiving – Can be enabled during Setup Wizard or with first check-box in…RECEIVING > Setup system > Receiving options
- Invoice Approval – Must be enabled with first check-box in…INVOICE APPROVAL > Setup System > Invoice Options
- Request For Quotation (RFQ) – Does not need to be enabled (always turned on). Just start entering RFQs when you’re ready.
- Inventory Control – Must be enabled with first check-box in…INVENTORY CONTROL > Setup system > Inventory options
- Asset Management – Does not need to be enabled (always turned on). Just start entering or purchasing assets when you’re ready.
- E-mail Integration – Enabled by configuring the settings in …PURCHASING > Setup system > e-mail settings
- Faxing – Due to licensing restrictions related to the third party fax technology that we use for this module, which limits the number of copies that we are allowed to distribute, the Faxing Module is not available in the Free Version of SpendMap. Please consider using the E-mail Module instead.
- PunchOut (e-commerce integration) – This web-based component is only available in the Paid Version of SpendMap.